Friday, March 30, 2012

Eat It And Weep: Buffalo Faux-Chicken Sandwich

I am not a vegetarian, but I do try and make non-meat choices when I can.  I have taken to bringing Morning Star Veggie Burgers for my work day lunch.  You would think that bringing relatively the same thing every day would get boring.  But that's because you have never tried any of my amazing veggie burger sandwich combos!  Lucky for you I am in a sharing mood and am going to give you the "recipe" for my "Buffalo Faux-Chicken Sandwich".  It is a pretty healthy lunch, with 305 total calories for the sandwich. Actually Ralph invented this one, so I do have to give credit where credit is due.  

We will proceed in fun, picture-book form...

STEP 1: Toast a "Whole Wheat Bagel Thin" (whole grains are good for you!)


STEP 2: Spread a "Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese Wedge" on one side of the bagel. 



STEP 3: Heat a "Morning Star Original Chicken Pattie"
(stove top or microwave works fine)
and place it on the bagel half with the cheese. 

STEP 4: Add some "Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce" to
both the chicken pattie and the remaining empty bagel half.
NOTE 1: This is a highly important step, it must be this specific brand...it is the best!!
NOTE 2: It is "Hot", so use it sparingly if you don't like a lot of heat ! 


STEP 5:  Assemble the bagel sandwich! 
I like to top mine off with lettuce greens, but Ralph likes his plain.
Finally, eat and say "YUM!" 

So the bottom line Question: Is this Buffalo Faux-Chicken Sandwich insanely delicious? 

Answer: FO SHO!!*

* Urban Dictionary Definition of "Fo Sho"

No comments:

Post a Comment